MyBB Central

Full Version: Installing Plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Being new to mybb I have never installed a Plugin.. I have taken over an existing forum and I'd like to install a couple of Plugins..

This forum is Hosted by Go Daddy and the cpanel files from using filezilla are completely different than what I am use to..

Could someone please taken the time to explain just how to install a Plugin and activate it..

Thanks Ron..
Sure: In your Files make sure you upload the files that are downloaded in the files. Plugins tend to be in inc/plugins.

You can activate a plugin via ACP->configuration->Plugins

If you would like download teamviewer and I can show you.
(Apr 11, 2014, 09:31 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]Sure: In your Files make sure you upload the files that are downloaded in the files. Plugins tend to be in inc/plugins.

I have Teamviewer used it before.. I don't have enough posts to email or pm you..

I was wondering if you do any side work on other forums. I'd like some done.

Ron.
(Apr 12, 2014, 10:21 AM)Rebel Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 11, 2014, 09:31 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]Sure: In your Files make sure you upload the files that are downloaded in the files. Plugins tend to be in inc/plugins.

I have Teamviewer used it before.. I don't have enough posts to email or pm you..

Ron.

I would love to help you out. But, i'm running a site and doing college. So it's quite difficult to balance this and that along with a job haha.. But I can show you if you would like how mybb works.
(Apr 12, 2014, 10:29 AM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]

Ron.

I would love to help you out. But, i'm running a site and doing college. So it's quite difficult to balance this and that along with a job haha.. But I can show you if you would like how mybb works.

OK... by showing me using Teamviewer, your going to do the work and I watch and learn and talk to you on the phone.
Is this what you mean..

This is the way I have done computer repairs before..using Teamviewer

Ron..
(Apr 12, 2014, 11:29 AM)Rebel Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 12, 2014, 10:29 AM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]

Ron.

OK... by showing me using Teamviewer, your going to do the work and I watch and learn and talk to you on the phone.
Is this what you mean..

This is the way I have done computer repairs before..using Teamviewer

Ron..

Umm I really don't talk or cam for privacy reasons. But I can show you everything you need to know.

Mybb is really fun to use and learn from.
Just by using the Chat part of Teamviewer....

I'm in Michigan on EST What is a good time for you..
(Apr 12, 2014, 12:22 PM)Rebel Wrote: [ -> ]Just by using the Chat part of Teamviewer....

I'm fine now send me a pm with your teamviewer info. Userid and pass.
(Apr 12, 2014, 12:24 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 12, 2014, 12:22 PM)Rebel Wrote: [ -> ]Just by using the Chat part of Teamviewer....

Don't have all that much time right now.. Have to get off the machine and get some grocery shopping done..

Can I pm you and we can set a time that's good for both of us..I don't want to interfere with your school work..that's important that you stick to that..

I'm an old guy retired, got time on my hands
(Apr 12, 2014, 12:50 PM)Rebel Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 12, 2014, 12:24 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]

Don't have all that much time right now.. Have to get off the machine and get some grocery shopping done..

Can I pm you and we can set a time that's good for both of us..I don't want to interfere with your school work..that's important that you stick to that..

I'm an old guy retired, got time on my hands

Okay Smile Just give me a time you feel is good. I live In minnesota so I don't live that far away. I'm on CST all though/
Pages: 1 2