MyBB Central

Full Version: Plugin Uploader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see I have a Plugin Uploader installed in my forum.

Can anyone explain just how to use this..

Thanks Ron..
This just allows you to download zip file upload it to the site and it will sort it to where it needs to go. I wouldnt use it. Easier to just use a ftp client.
(Apr 11, 2014, 09:34 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]This just allows you to download zip file upload it to the site and it will sort it to where it needs to go. I wouldnt use it. Easier to just use a ftp client.

Then why do they have the Uploader then..

I have a smf forum also and I install mod.'s and skin right from the acp, if you get an error you stop..

The FTP I'm just starting to use it, I know the more I use it the better I'll get, still little shakie on it, in fear of an error..

I have wiped out an entire forum before with the ftp..

Ron..
(Apr 12, 2014, 11:35 AM)Rebel Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 11, 2014, 09:34 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]This just allows you to download zip file upload it to the site and it will sort it to where it needs to go. I wouldnt use it. Easier to just use a ftp client.

I have a smf forum also and I install mod.'s and skin right from the acp, if you get an error you stop..

The FTP I'm just starting to use it, I know the more I use it the better I'll get, still little shakie on it, in fear of an error..

Ron..

They have a uploader to do it so you can upload it and let the script do it for you. Sometimes in these cases it wont work because the script looks for the folders.

Just remmeber:

Plugins = inc/plugins
Language (plugins) inc/langage/english
(Apr 12, 2014, 12:13 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 12, 2014, 11:35 AM)Rebel Wrote: [ -> ]

Ron..

They have a uploader to do it so you can upload it and let the script do it for you. Sometimes in these cases it wont work because the script looks for the folders.

Just remmeber:

Plugins = inc/plugins
Language (plugins) inc/langage/english

I have watched a couple of youtube video's on installing. So the Plugin's go into the inc...I take it when I unzip the file there is a Language file and slide that into language..
I'll have to try..