MyBB Central

Full Version: [r] MyFirstPost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MyBB Version: MyBB 1.2.*
New Settings: 4 [ New SettingGroup : MyFirstPost Settings ]
New Templates: 0
DB Changes: 0
File Changes: 0
Files: 1
  • ./inc/plugins/myfirstpost.php
Install:
  • Upload ./inc/plugins/myfirstpost.php into your ./inc/plugins/ folder
  • Go to your PluginManager and Activate the "MyFirstPost" Plugin.
Settings:
  • Enable/Disable MyFirstPost [YesNo]
  • Where Should Users Have a Post; Forum or Thread? [Select]
  • The ID of the Area; [Forum == FID / Thread == TID !!]
  • Which Groups are forced to have a post in the area you specified ?
What:
* Force Users to have a post in a specified area [Forum Or Thread ] on your board;
Tested On: MyBB 1.2.13
how does this affect current members(who already have posts) on your board. If I install this will all of them have to post in the thread?
b.h. Wrote:how does this affect current members(who already have posts) on your board. If I install this will all of them have to post in the thread?

Yes; that's why its called 'Force Users'; even you as admin aint excluded.
Well, shouldn't it only affect users that have no posts?

Also, since this is an option: Which Groups are forced to have a post in the area you specified ?
You can always make it so that just the registered group is affected.
Thanks for the response, And that's what I thought, I just wanted to make sure b4 I put it on my board and got an influx of questions.

This is perfect for me, because I have a rules thread that everyone must sign, but let me ask you this.

If the rules thread is already in existence, and members have already signed it, will they be forced to sign again? or will they be ok.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm very calculating and don't like unknown results, especially when I change my board.

Thanks again.
judel Wrote:Well, shouldn't it only affect users that have no posts?

Why? =P
Lets say you have a 'introduction' thread; that's for all members though ? Not only for new registrations; i like to know all members =P

b.h. Wrote:If the rules thread is already in existence, and members have already signed it, will they be forced to sign again? or will they be ok.

They won't be forced again if they already have a post in that thread =P
Thanks for the answer and the the plug
lex Wrote:Why? =P
why? Cause the name of the plugin is "MyFirstPost". That would tell me that it would be a member's first post. Tongue
Last 2 Questions..... I hope,

1.What exactly happens when someone trys to make a post without first signing the thread?

Are they warned, or are they redirected to the thread they must sign? or something else?

2. And can they still pm without signing the thread?

thanks
If you have a test forum, I highly suggest putting it there first.
Pages: 1 2