MyBB Central

Full Version: Smilies Box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

Is there anyway to fix the Smilies box? I mean the width of the box

[Image: 47843064oq4.jpg]

thx
Yes this is very easy to do!

Simply go to your admin panel > themes > templates > select your theme > and scroll down to the Smiley Inserter Template and click to open that up.

Select the first link: smiliensert

The FIRST line of code you see there should be:

<div style="margin:auto; width: 170px; margin-top: 20px;">

change it to this:
<div style="margin-right:auto; width: 170px; margin-top: 20px;">

That should do it!
You can just change it to show 2 or 3 on each row, much easier.
(Oct 06, 2008, 10:36 AM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]Yes this is very easy to do!

Simply go to your admin panel > themes > templates > select your theme > and scroll down to the Smiley Inserter Template and click to open that up.

change it to this:

That should do it!

Nope. Unfortunaly not.
Oh well actually matt helped me couple of days ago. The 3 columns idea helped.
(Oct 06, 2008, 11:30 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]You can just change it to show 2 or 3 on each row, much easier.

You know I tried that on my boards and it didn't work. That's how I figured the template edit would.

(Oct 06, 2008, 01:37 PM)Wintermute Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 06, 2008, 10:36 AM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]Yes this is very easy to do!

change it to this:

That should do it!

Nope. Unfortunaly not.

Are you sure you went to the right area to edit? Are you using version 1.4? This will only be for 1.4. I never tried it on the old version.

(Oct 06, 2008, 02:09 PM)sadiqsaad Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well actually matt helped me couple of days ago. The 3 columns idea helped.

Yes I tried changing the columns too but it didn't work for me. That's how I found the work around. When you have a lot of smilies, you want to show as many of the key smiles at the main list before having to go to hit MORE.

Now I only had to do this on my UPGRADED boards. My clean install test board did not need this.

Are you using a clean install or upgrade? I wonder if everyone is experiencing different things? Do you have the latest version since the last bug fix?
Yes, edited the correct template. I'm using 1.4.2 (upgraded). Didn't work for me.
don't use such ridiculously large and obnoxious smilies

problem solved
LOL Bey Brad you are right. But my forum members love these ones.