MyBB Central

Full Version: Is It Possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
to charge for adds via paypal?

Im new, so i have little knowledge about mybb, but this is what id like to know:

can i insert a banner saying something like 'advertise here'

& if & when people click the banner to advertise, they pay a subscription via paypal & i can add various banners to my forum?
This is me thinking out loud... could you put a link and make it link to a PayPal page when you click it... then set it up with a specific price, and then when people pay, you contact them, or get the ad they want somehow, and put it in the template. Basically all that's doing is giving them a link to pay when they click the banner and then when you get the money you put the ad in.
link? template?
is there a way i can add a seperate page that shows the buyer what to do/click etc etc
(Oct 23, 2008, 05:06 AM)daz25 Wrote: [ -> ]link? template?
is there a way i can add a seperate page that shows the buyer what to do/click etc etc

There is a custom pages plugin.
will it work for the latest mybb - 1.4.2 ?
if so, could you possibly post the link?
Use OpenAds and My Ad Manager together. OpenAds will control the zone and My Ad Manager will control the display in mybb. OpenAds will allow for a full payment system and a lot of options for the clients including logins for stats and purchasing.

http://www.openx.org/