MyBB Central

Full Version: Hide Full Board Statistics from Guests?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know how to hide the small statistics on the left side from Guests, but I would also like to hide the button on the right side that allows guests to view the full board statistics while keeping this available for the registered users of the forum.
What stats are on the left side?? They're at the bottom aren't they??
Do you want hide also the page or only the links in the footer?
On my forum, they can click "Forum Statistics" and get all the information about users, posts, popular threads, top posters, etc. I don't want them to be able to see that information. I want them to see the board and the forums and threads but not the statistics. I don't mind if they can use "Contact Us", or "Website Link."

My goal is to make the forum very comfortable for our users but frustrating for our guests which hopefully will prompt them to join, as they say, "Membership has its privileges." They cannot Search, View Who is Online, see the Shoutbox, View Member list, or our Calendar, and I would like them to not be able to view our statistics either.
Well it uses the same footer template for guests and memebrs so either you remove the link from there and put it somewhere members can see so they can access it, or wait for a plugin.
(Nov 20, 2008, 11:04 PM)Charles7909 Wrote: [ -> ]My goal is to make the forum very comfortable for our users but frustrating for our guests which hopefully will prompt them to join, as they say, "Membership has its privileges."

i know i'll rush to join a forum that has gone out of its way to aggravate me

more than likely people will just get sick of it and leave without joining
(Nov 21, 2008, 05:20 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]i know i'll rush to join a forum that has gone out of its way to aggravate me

There are plenty of forums for the aggravated to join. On the other hand, if you have content, which we have, then one may decide that there is something going on there or information there that they need. I would rather have users looking for that than the casual person who is just into forums.

Thanks for the comments.
(Nov 21, 2008, 04:09 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Well it uses the same footer template for guests and memebrs so either you remove the link from there and put it somewhere members can see so they can access it, or wait for a plugin.

Okay, now you're talking. Can you give me an example of this? For instance, it's on template X that everyone can view. Move it to template Y which only members can view. My members can see our ShoutBox and things like that. Is there some template that corresponds to something like that where I can put the link? Moreover, it would be helpful if you can specify on which template I can find the line. Many thanks for any and all who offer solutions.
Well my immediate thought would be to remove:

PHP Code:
<a href="stats.php">{$lang->forumstats}</a

from index_boardstats (which everyone can see) and put it in header_welcomeblock_member (which only members can see). But then a guest can still manually type the stats.php on the end of the URL but, realistically, is that going to happen??
(Nov 21, 2008, 10:35 AM)Charles7909 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 21, 2008, 05:20 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]i know i'll rush to join a forum that has gone out of its way to aggravate me

There are plenty of forums for the aggravated to join. On the other hand, if you have content, which we have, then one may decide that there is something going on there or information there that they need. I would rather have users looking for that than the casual person who is just into forums.

Thanks for the comments.

I feel my forums have a lot of content. I've never done anything to restrict guests from viewing my content, because I believe my content is interesting enough that reading it will cause users to join. So far, that's been working for me.
(Nov 21, 2008, 10:45 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]But then a guest can still manually type the stats.php on the end of the URL but, realistically, is that going to happen??

I like that idea, Matt. I just don't think my stats are a guest's business. Thanks so much for your help!
(Nov 21, 2008, 01:25 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I feel my forums have a lot of content. I've never done anything to restrict guests from viewing my content, because I believe my content is interesting enough that reading it will cause users to join. So far, that's been working for me.

Okay, Thanks, Bey Brad.