MyBB Central

Full Version: Close thread at a particular time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if this is even possible, but let me give a small explanation of what I want...

I want to hold a particular contest on my forum that will require the members to post in a particular thread. However, the contest requires them to post within a certain time limit (in hours). After the time limit is reached, I'd like to be able to close the thread so no one will be able to make another post in that thread. I am planning on having a couple of these contests on the go at the same time, so I really can't be watching the threads and manually close them when the time is up.It'll sorta be like a thread with an egg timer Big Grin
Sorry I can't explain more, but it would give away the context of the contest.

Maybe it can be done with a plugin or a task. Anyone that can help make this happen, I will be their slave for a day!!!b Tongue
A thread egg timer... even though I wouldn't use it, I like the sound of it a lot.
Normally, I wouldn't use it either...but in this case, it's the only way I can see to run the contest I have in mind.
Would be usefull and a nice name you found out there boys Big Grin
thread egg timer Wink
The announcement system does this. I don't have time to work this but it's doable if you just hook into those functions and features properly.

Good luck.
oooo...I didn't think about that. Thanks.