MyBB Central

Full Version: Forced redirect to bad members?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just wondering if its possible to have a plugin that was able to be used by mod level and above to basically force a member to the rules page with a checkbox to make them tick it. Much like the initial registration but redirecting to a more specific forum rules page.

The reason i am thinking of this is because i have new members that break the rules and perhaps they did not read them well enough.
Well i thought it would be cool to have something like a warn button but more than that. A forced redirect to a particular page and thats all until they accept the conditions again. Sort of a first reminder to naughty members?

Just thinking out aloud.
Why not send them a PM? What you want is possible but let me think more on the approach.
You know me Labrocca. If there is a way to word something incorrectly i will do it.
I agree a pm normally is enough. But with flame forums its hard some times. Sometimes its worth a forced redirect. I guess i could just do it via there ip and redirect that with .htaccess but that's rather arduous.
Hey i just reached my 100 posts... Woo hoo. Did not even think about it or realize it until now.
It would be cool to redirect banned members to another site...I think I've seen it done for 1.2.x but not sure if it was ported over to 1.4, I'd have to check again..
I think that would be cool... especially with the checkbox acknowledgment. Would it be possible for the fact that they ticked off the box to be stored somewhere like in UserCP but viewable only to Admin? That way you would have something to refer back to if the rules were broken again.
Just thinking out loud really...
Well that's easy enough imho to redirect a banned member to another site. But that's different than what he is describing. The problem imho is the one-time deal.

Hmm..here is an idea.

What if you place the person in a special group. That group is sort of banned where they get redirected to a page where they are forced to accept the terms to be removed from that group and placed back in the registered group. That would work imho.
That would work... You could place them into a group like Labrocca suggests, have the rules/regulations in a thread there and then have them post an acknowledgment in that particular thread. That would serve as a 'checkbox' of sorts as well as keep a record of their acknowledgment.
Nah you can do better. Make it a form where they have to click a checkbox saying they read it and agree along with a submit button. On submission it can auto place them back into the registered group.
(Dec 29, 2008, 09:04 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Nah you can do better. Make it a form where they have to click a checkbox saying they read it and agree along with a submit button. On submission it can auto place them back into the registered group.

Yep thats what i was trying to say actually.
I sort of envisioned a warn button like plugin but a rules reminder if you will where the mods and above has the rules button added to posts and when they issue it to a post lets say then the author would be redirected to a rules page with a checkbox to make them accept rules and no other page. And i agree with earlier post it would be cool to actually store this info so as to have proof.
Well when they signup your TOS should be there. The proof is their membership. What you want is something to remind them of the TOS or the rules.
Pages: 1 2