MyBB Central

Full Version: Remove forum from index but allow threads to be viewed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to make a forum not shown on the index page but still allow threads inside to be viewed?

I have tried editing the permissions:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=12763]

I can not view the forum or threads at all.
I'm starting to get very confused with people posting under different usernames in different forums.

So you're saying when it's like that and you enter the URL of a thread in that forum, you get a no perms page??
Sorry, I never wanted to use my real name on forums so I created another account on the MyBB official website; mybbcommunity.
I can change my username here from my real name so on here I'm RPG. I've requested deletion of my other MyBB official account but they just ignore you. I post on both forums because I get mixed responses.

Anyway.

Yes, I get no permissions when I try to view threads. Remember that the permissions I set were for registered users and I logged in as a registered user so there should of been no problems.

I wish mybb had a 'hide forum from index' option.
I should start to write down the different names people use TongueTongue

If you want, you can PM me login details and I'll have a look... I'll admit the permissions aren't the easiest thing to setup.
With due respect you never know who you can trust on the internet these days. I'm not saying you'll mess anything up but I'm sure you'll understand what I am trying to portray. Cheers

If anyone comes up with an answer it is much appreciated.
I could swear I saw a plugin for this but I can't find it at all.
(Feb 14, 2009, 01:36 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I could swear I saw a plugin for this but I can't find it at all.

Smile Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
(Feb 14, 2009, 05:56 PM)RPG Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 14, 2009, 01:36 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I could swear I saw a plugin for this but I can't find it at all.

Smile Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

Um ... OK?