MyBB Central

Full Version: Pop up PM Notification Alert
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to make a plugin or add some lines of code so that when a member gets a PM a small window pop opens much like it does in Vbulletin or IPB ? I would prefer it more like Vbulletin because you have the option of closing the window or clicking on a link that takes you straight to your PM box. Cool

Thanks
Thanks. After reading the thread I can see that it will never come to light here and I will have to do it my self. I can't stand that hideous yellow bar and would thing that at least there wold be a blinking envelope next to the unread messages in the header like it is in Vbulletin.

How hard could it be to place a small animated gif of an envelope in that area where it says private messages in lieu of the yellow alert bar ?

I think that in future releases of MyBB that they would at least give the board owner the option of enable or disable a feature without totally doing away with it. And members should have the option on HOW they want to receive new PM notifications a pop up or blinking icon. Just my opinion
I can't see how the bar is hideous, a pop-up or something flashing is much more annoying. If you don't like the yellow, you know you can just change the colours, yeah??

You can probably just add the code for the image to the template for the notification.

As for giving the option, a lot of people said they hated the pop-up, so it was done away with in 1.4. Not many people would use it, most people would turn it off, so I doubt we'll ever put it back in.
(Feb 15, 2009, 11:59 AM)wolfgang2025 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. After reading the thread I can see that it will never come to light here and I will have to do it my self. I can't stand that hideous yellow bar and would thing that at least there wold be a blinking envelope next to the unread messages in the header like it is in Vbulletin.

How hard could it be to place a small animated gif of an envelope in that area where it says private messages in lieu of the yellow alert bar ?

If it's so easy, do it yourself? I customized my PM bar easily.