MyBB Central

Full Version: discuss this announcement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've seen a lot of mybb sites have one thread for discussion and one thread for the announcement.

Wouldn't it be good if there was a plugin that made a copy thread when a thread is posted in a certain forum ei the announcements / news section.

The plugin makes the thread and the thread says; 'This is a discussion thread for the announcement permalink_to_announcement". A default message could be set instead.

I would use this for a news section. I have a news section in my forum but don't want the replies in that news thread, so I have to create a new thread for the replies. If a plugin duplicated the thread it would be good.

Probs too hard tho' Tongue
That's actually a good idea.
You can use the Mybb thread move feature with a link to the moved thread.

Quote:I've seen a lot of mybb sites have one thread for discussion and one thread for the announcement.

As far as I know only Mybboard does this and it's imho very annoying. Why should I have to go to one thread to read the announcement and another to discuss it. Lame.