MyBB Central

Full Version: Login Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I've basically set up a forum at http://www.catharsisnewspaper.com and it's basically a forum which is supposed to be the school newspaper. However since installation I've been having a few issues with automatic logins. Computers at school are in network, yet they don't save any cookies or anything. Nevertheless, if I am logged in for example, and someone else in school or the room and visits the forum, they sometimes get logged automatically as me. Is there anyway I can prevent or disable that?

Thanks for any help or responses!

Kind Regards

Joey
I don't really know how to fix that, but I do know that some of your header links are too close together. A space may be in order. Just edit the header template of the theme your using Tongue
How do I do the space?
Just edit the template and add a space between the links
(Feb 16, 2009, 08:57 PM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really know how to fix that, but I do know that some of your header links are too close together. A space may be in order. Just edit the header template of the theme your using Tongue

Agree totally mate. There way to close together.
A little work with your CP/Templates/Header will work for you.

The login problem i have seen around and have some issues myself with it.
I was lead to believe there was a fix at community?
Here is a link to look at i guess. http://community.mybboard.net/thread-410...#pid279706
Beyond that you will need to search community. But i was sure there was a fix there somewhere.
That's a file to fix missing CAPTCHA.

There was a thread about this, I'll try and find it. It's probably because of the network you're on. Clear your sessions table, remove the option to save login info in the UserCP, and run an SQL query to force all members to not remember their details. I'll provide the queries and code removals is needed.
Please do so.

~Kind Regards
To remove the option to save details: in the usercp_options template, find and remove:

Code:
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="remember" id="remember" value="1" {$remembercheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="remember">{$lang->remember_me}</label></span></td>
</tr>

To make it so nobody has it set to remember details:

PHP Code:
UPDATE `mybb_usersSET `remember` = '0' 

To make sure everybody is logged out:

PHP Code:
TRUNCATE `mybb_sessions

Make sure that your table prefix, mybb_ here, is correct.

This may not be the cause but it's a start. Still haven't found the other thread yet.