MyBB Central

Full Version: SQL Error When Restoring My Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I followed the directions at http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Database_Restore to restore my database but now I get the following error:

Code:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'xxxxxx_xxxxxxx.mybb_datacache' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT title,cache FROM mybb_datacache

(Replaced actual Db name above with "X's")

I can see the xxxxx_datacache table in phpMyAdmin

The backup I used was created in MyBB Admin Cp Can anyone offer any advice or suggestions on what is going wrong?
I believe the MyBB database backup to be buggy. I have heard of nothing but trouble. I hope you backed it up with phpmyadmin as well.
That in my opinion is the only way to back up MyBB Currently.
Hey DAMINK I agree with you on the 100% and from now on that is what I will do. I already do that with my other websites.

I should have come back here and edited my post as I solved the problem. Somehow when I did the restore it changed the table prefixes so after all the headaches I went through it turned out that all I had to do was edit my config files to have the new prefix.

So problem solved and you can feel free to close this thread. AND tahnk you for the reply, I appreciate it.
(Feb 28, 2009, 10:29 PM)DAMINK Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the MyBB database backup to be buggy. I have heard of nothing but trouble.

Eh?? I've restored loads of backups made with the MyBB database backup creator. Where exactly have you heard of this 'trouble'?? Can I have some links to said problems?? I've seen none, only people doing something wrong. And if you think it's buggy, why not report it??
I can recall one myself where i had to get Labrocca to restore and it took quite some time. Not a simple restore at all.
I can recall another recently where a mate lost his forum. Could not recover with his backup. And another one here today.
Oh yea and might find another one here in the 22 pages? not sure i did not bother to check.
http://community.mybboard.net/search.php...d=0&page=1
A lot of the time people try and upgrade from 1.2 to 1.4 with 1.2 plugins active. They get an SQL error, and then claim it's a bug, when they should have deactivated them. Sometimes people are using one version of MySQL when they backup and try and upload it to a different version and that sometimes causes problems, but the creator works fine. I backed up my forum and uploaded it to my localhost forum just fine yesterday.