MyBB Central

Full Version: Changing the text under the welcome box?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey There,

I was wondering if there is a way for me to change the text under the welcome box. The text displays the exact TITLE for the INDEX page. On the MyBBCentral site the title is mybbcentral and that is what shows under the welcome box. My site is http://www.todayslendingsource.com and I want to keep my TITLE for the page the same because it is better for SEO but I want the text under the welcome box to say
TODAY'S LENDING SOURCE - POST YOUR LENDING SCENARIOS FOR FREE!

I looked at the templates in the Header section, welcome block, index and I can not figure this out. Thanks you guys..
The text at the top of MyBB Central is on a LOGO (image file).
Create a logo with your specified text, upload, go to your theme, and set the logo to uploaded logo directory.
Thanks for the reply Ricardo but I am not sure I understand what you mean? I do not want to add text under my logo and update the logo file. I am talking about the TEXT under the WELCOME BOX that is the same as the TITLE of the index page. Thanks..[/align]
Mind taking a screen shot and circling what you would like to change? That would help.
You edit whatever template you need in admincp.

If you look at the source code you can see the templates that each section uses. You will see comment tags for begin and end of each template.
Here is an example of what I am talking about.

Thanks,
As you can see is the picture above the TEXT LINE under the WELCOME BOX copies the DATA in the page INDEX. This is the name of the INDEX page. I want to keep the INDEX page name the same but change this TEXT LINE under the WELCOME BOX. Perhaps the easiest way would be to delete whatever line this is in the template and make a new one?

Thanks again guys.. I hope that all makes sense.
You edit templates. You can alter variables.

Quote:TEXT LINE under the WELCOME BOX copies the DATA in the page INDEX.

That could be the breadcrumb that he altered.

Quote:I want to keep the INDEX page name the same but change this TEXT LINE under the WELCOME BOX.

Screenshots are only so good. I went to the site...it's the breadcrumb.

http://www.todayslendingsource.com/commu....php?tid=1

Go into your admincp and rename the board "Board Name" is the setting. That site has it as "TODAY'S LENDING SOURCE - COMMERCIAL MORTGAGE - PRIVATE MONEY - JOINT VENTURE".

If you want more alterations contact me via PM for a custom quote.
Thanks for the reply Labrocca,

This is the code from the browser where I feel the changes need to be made.

!-- start: nav -->

<div class="navigation">
<!-- start: nav_bit_active -->
<span class="active">TODAY'S LENDING SOURCE - COMMERCIAL MORTGAGE - PRIVATE MONEY - JOINT VENTURE</span>
<!-- end: nav_bit_active -->
</div>
<!-- end: nav -->

I checked in the admin templates and looked at the NAV_BIT_ACTIVE template but it does not show anything except for this:
<span class="active">{$navbit['name']}</span>

In regards to your post above. The BOARDNAME in the setting area is the name of the index page. Just like here the title is mybbcentral. If I change the board name settings it will change the title in my browser and I do not want to do that. I will keep looking over the templates and see if I can tweek this. I know it is generating the TEXT LINE under the WELCOME BOX from the NAV_BIT_ACTIVE template. Or at least it appears that it is based off the HTML code my browser shows?

Thanks,
<span class="active">{$navbit['name']}</span>

Change that to what you want then.

Or change the title tag. You're gonna have to make decisions on what you want changed.

I offer support here mainly for my plugins so if you have something outside that scope try the mybboard.net site.
Thanks for the reply..