MyBB Central

Full Version: [Req] post on delete
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw this plugin somewhere on the internet browsing one day, and it would be nice for a MyBB plugin, it's a plugin that automatically sends a pm to a user who posted and if the post is useless or isn't needed you can use the delete button and there would be a option like delete post and send user a pm or something like that, in the pm it would say, hi {username} the post that you posted in the following thread has been deleted

Post Id: the post the user posted
Thread: name of the thread
Reason: reason why the post was deleted

And a little summary you can edit in the ACP explaining why posts get deleted, like The most common reason why posts gets deleted is because there useless or not needed, something along those lines, thanks.
Not much point having the link to post as it would no longer be there. But its an interesting thought. I would not imagine its too hard to do either.
Make a 0 point warning and just use the warning system.

Don't look for ways to make things harder when you can use the existing system to accomplish what you need.
(Mar 17, 2009, 02:44 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Make a 0 point warning and just use the warning system.

Don't look for ways to make things harder when you can use the existing system to accomplish what you need.

I dont understand. You say manually warning a member would be easier than an automated system? Actually im sure i dont understand. 0 point warning?
Quote:You say manually warning a member would be easier than an automated system?

Ugh...yeah. But I wouldn't call it manually warning. You're just using the existin warning system to accomplish your goal which is to tell the user why his thread was deleted. Obviously the reason a post or thread is deleted is because it violates some rule or etiquette.

Do you really think it's a good idea to give a PM to every single member when a post is deleted? What about if a thread is deleted. Should every poster get an email? And what purpose does it serve telling a poster "hey this post you made doesn't exist anymore because we felt like it"...no you would likely delete a specific post for a reason..that reason is a rule violation which you would use the warning system that already exists.
I still state above. Manual is far more work that automated. PERIOD.

This is why we have plugins yes? To make the experience better for members (AND MODS). Perhaps a member overstepped the mark but did not bother to read the rules. Well this would work. Man i would have thought you would be used to this. After all 1 in every 10 posts here seems to be..... Why cant i download etc.

Would make your and others job easier. But whatever. You dont agree. Thats your choice.
It was simply a suggestion made my a member that was posted.

@JonP post it on http://community.mybboard.net you might get someone willing to make it for you.
If so i will use if for sure.
I click warn button and enter or select reason then delete post if I want.

How is that much different then click delete and enter reason? You're saving one click that's all. And you want a plugin for that? The information is the same being stored in the warnings.