MyBB Central

Full Version: Seprate login page ( front of forum? )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm hoping to create a page at the start of a forum with just a login box and nothing else.

So this is the place where you login to the board or register for the board.

Like this below

[Image: 35211231736726.gif]

Can anyone give me any ideas how i can do this please as i have no idea Sad

Thank you.
The page already exists:

http://www.mybbcentral.com/member.php?action=login

Change your welcome block for guests for the login link to that page in your own forum.
(Apr 05, 2009, 06:01 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]The page already exists:

http://www.mybbcentral.com/member.php?action=login

Change your welcome block for guests for the login link to that page in your own forum.

Sorry i don't get what you mean?

How and where do i change your welcome block?

Thanks .
Edit in admincp the template "header_welcomeblock_guest".

Change this:

Code:
        <span id="quick_login">{$lang->welcome_guest} (<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login" onclick="MyBB.quickLogin(); return false;">{$lang->welcome_login}</a> &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a>)</span>

Into this:

Code:
        <span id="quick_login">{$lang->welcome_guest} (<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login">{$lang->welcome_login}</a> &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a>)</span>

That should do it.
I've tried doing this but it doesn't seem to do a lot .

What i really need is a page that only displays as the picture below :-

[Image: d783aa31939938.gif]

Login or registration.

Thanks for your time on this.
That's what it does :S Not sure what you mean by 'doesn't seem to do a lot', when it does pretty much what your screenshot is showing.
(Apr 06, 2009, 11:28 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]That's what it does :S Not sure what you mean by 'doesn't seem to do a lot', when it does pretty much what your screenshot is showing.

Sorry i didn't explain that well at all . Been for a few birthday drinks after work this afternoon Wink

The screenshot is what i want it to look like but it shows on the main login page the banner , Search Member List Calendar Help Rules icons.

All i was hoping for was a black ( empty) background with just that login box in the middle of the page .

Thanks and sorry for any confusion.
Ok after looking around and playing with a few things it seems this code works

To a degree !

PHP Code:
<form action='member.php' method='post'>
Username: <input type='text' name='username' size='25' maxlength='30' /><br />
Password: <input type='password' name='password' size='25' />
<
input type='hidden' name='action' value='do_login'>
<
input type='hidden' name='url' value='index.php' />
<
input type='submit' class='submit' name='submit' value='Login' /></form><br

Now who do i add a little box around this and centre it on a page?
Also add a registrations link?
Also is it possible to redirect after a member logs out back to this page?

Thanks
Edit your member_login template in admincp.

Remove the elements you don't want. Probably header and footer variables at least but leave in headerinclude.