MyBB Central

Full Version: [r4] Tag Cloud v1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
MyBB Version: MyBB 1.4
New Settings: 9
New Templates: 5
DB Changes: 1
File Changes: 0
Files: 5
  • .htaccess
  • tagcloud.php
  • ./inc/plugins/tc.php
  • ./inc/plugins/tc_update.php
  • ./jscripts/tagcloud.js
Settings:
  • Status
  • Get_Method; Threads Subject Or Box To Enter
  • Maximum Tags In Cloud
  • Minimum Tag Length
  • Excluded Words (a,the,for ... )
  • Filter Badwords?
  • AutoCreate Tags?
  • Forums Where Tags Can Be Used
  • Show TagCloud On Index
Install:
  • Upload tagcloud.php into your rootfolder
  • Upload ./jscripts/tagcloud.js into your ./jscripts/ folder
  • Upload ./inc/plugins/tc.php into your ./inc/plugins/ folder
  • Upload ./inc/plugins/tc_update.php into your ./inc/plugins/ folder
  • Go to your PluginManager and Activate the "TagCloud v1.2" Plugin.
  • If you want to Update your Older Threads (before activating the TagCloud Plugin) with Tags; you can activate the TagCloud Update File ! Make sure all your settings are set like you want to before activating.

Note:

If you want SEO URLS for your tags; upload the included .htaccess file.
Also make sure your Enable search engine friendly URLs? setting is set to YES; not Automatically detect ... !
TagLinks will look like http://<yoururl>/tags/<tagname>

I'm not into charset shit; so if you have a language with for me weird chars in it; the links/tagsearch probably won't work.
So i'm making this plugin license free so you can modify to your needs.
thank you for sharing Smile
sorry but, It doesn't allow Turkish charakter (şğüöçı)
(Apr 09, 2009, 04:23 PM)accessled Wrote: [ -> ]sorry but, It doesn't allow Turkish charakter (şğüöçı)

I'm not into charset shit; so if you have a language with for me weird chars in it; the links/tagsearch probably won't work.
So i'm making this plugin license free so you can modify to your needs.

sorry
(Apr 09, 2009, 04:23 PM)accessled Wrote: [ -> ]sorry but, It doesn't allow Turkish charakter (şğüöçı)

Try to contact 'dared'; he seems to have updated it for Turkish Users.
(Apr 10, 2009, 09:36 AM)LeX- Wrote: [ -> ]

Try to contact 'dared'; he seems to have updated it for Turkish Users.

accualy LeX- i did it when we are 1.2.x for latin chars. when 1.4.x released i asked labrocca for this plugin via pm, i tried to reach you and also asked some other plugin authors to make a tag cloud for 1.4.x but no one did it. then one day i and Türküz update plugin to 1.4.x (latin & utf). i send you just utf files. if board's charset is utf tag cloud works fine. if board's charset is latin1 or latin5 it doesnt works correctly. but i was added latin support for when MyBBDestek.com was latin ( themem is owner of MyBB Destek and he is also a Subscriper on here http://www.mybbcentral.com/user-1825.html and i think its not a big deal to get it. if it is sorry but i didnt gave it anyone else. ). But right now i dont want latin boards anymore. latin boards cant uses any kind of xmlhttp correcty and we also made a tutorial for converting charset latin to utf. if someone wants to use it he/she have to convert their board to utf plz.

but if there are another users with latin boards (Subscriped central users only) can write replies on this thread and i will send them latin files.
So atlast LeX- Came back again!
quick question Lex ?

is there away to have a tag clound on index somehow, if so can you explain please
* Create A New Setting
Configuration - Settings - Add New Setting
Code:
Title : TagCloud __Index
Description: Show TagCloud On Index?
Group: TagCloud Settings
Display Order: 9
Identifier: tc_index
Type: On / Off Choice
Value: 1

* Create A New Template called index_cloud
Code:
<table class="tborder" width="250px;"><tr><td class="thead">Tag Cloud</td></tr><tr><td class="trow2" width="100%" valign="top">{$tag}</td></tr></table><br />

* Re-Upload ./inc/plugins/tc.php

* Open your index template and add {$cloud} where you want to display it; It has a fixed width; you might need to change that.
ok just woke up and saw that there was a error on page ( bottom of page ) that yellow explanation, now i think it is something to do with the brackets around tags but then again i have no idea

[attachment=1294]

once we fix the errors then i will for sure try out how you explained to in your explanation on how to get it to show on Index
Pages: 1 2 3 4