MyBB Central

Full Version: [r4] Member Of Week/Month
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
MyBB Version: MyBB 1.4
New Settings: 4
New Templates: 0
DB Changes: 1 [ New Column / Users_table ]
File Changes: 0
Files: 2
  • ./inc/tasks/motw.php
  • ./inc/plugins/motw.php
Install:
  • Upload ./inc/tasks/motw.php into your ./inc/plugins/ folder
  • Upload ./inc/plugins/motw.php into your ./inc/plugins/ folder
  • Go to your PluginManager and Activate the "Member Of The Week/Month" Plugin.
Settings:
  • Select Member Of Week or Month
  • Select Based On Posts or Threads
  • Usergroups; ( Out of what groups should the MOTW Be Chosen )
  • MYPS Setting ( If MYPS is installed you can give the MOTW an amount of MYPS )

What:
* Select A Member On Weekly/Monthly base which has made the most posts. That Member will be displayed in your Boardstats; In the Postbit it will display how many times that User has been MOTW.

Update: v1.1 => v1.2
Deactivate; reupload and activate.

By default task runs every week, if you change the time interval to a month; don't forget to change the setting too !
Nothing else is possible ! Only once a week or once a month.
i wasnt gonna download this untill the postbit count was mentioned. thanks for this d/ling now Wink
i just realised one thing. is it possible to make it ignore one of the users (ie. rss feeder bot)
xD

ill make the rss bot into a group it ignores. thanks
(Apr 18, 2009, 02:00 AM)Willox Wrote: [ -> ]i wasnt gonna download this untill the postbit count was mentioned. thanks for this d/ling now Wink
i just realised one thing. is it possible to make it ignore one of the users (ie. rss feeder bot)
xD

ill make the rss bot into a group it ignores. thanks

Just found a "typo" =P
Redownload or modify yourself
Find
PHP Code:
    if($plugincache['active']['myps'] && !$check

Change into
PHP Code:
    if($plugincache['active']['motw'] && !$check
When I try deactivate the plugin I get an SQL error. See SS attached.
(Apr 18, 2009, 07:30 AM)joshuam08 Wrote: [ -> ]When I try deactivate the plugin I get an SQL error. See SS attached.

Stupid TABLE_PREFIX !
Reupload the file; and deactivate.
Why do you want to deactivate anyway ? Not good enough ?
I was just testing it and I like it. I just want to deactivate it until I have more members.

When I try download the file again i get "The specified thread does not exist."
no its because Lex doesnt want us to disable it lol
thanks for the fix
Nice job. Dowloading it.
Thanks Lex.
Thank you very much Lex. This plugin was already popular in MyBB 1.2 series, I know it will come very popular again ^^

And I leave my suggestion to improve it in the future =)

(Apr 18, 2009, 01:52 AM)LeX- Wrote: [ -> ]Select A Member On Weekly/Monthly base which has made the most posts.

What about selecting the member of the week/month based on wich has made the most THREADS?

Often, the number of threads is a better indicator on what users are really contributing to a forum. Sometimes the post count is just a "spammy" indicator, but, just sometimes Tongue

Thanks again and great work!
That's a thing i can include ! Based On Threads;
Maybe something for tomorrow !
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6