MyBB Central

Full Version: paypal subscription for free?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since i just started it, i think there should right marketing policy. if we get few members to sign up first and they use their previlages, thats when other would understand the importance.
I am going to start few contests, want to know if i can give it for free without charging them. Is it fine if i just move the user from "registered" to "subscribed" group?
Yes, you can move users to the subscribed group without problems.
Yeah, it's just a normal usergroup, MyIPN just moves them there automatically when they pay.
I like to think it does more than that. Since it will also react on a chargeback, reversal, refund, or when the subscription ends. Totally simplifies and automates the process of having paid memberships.
(May 14, 2009, 03:07 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I like to think it does more than that. Since it will also react on a chargeback, reversal, refund, or when the subscription ends. Totally simplifies and automates the process of having paid memberships.

I think it is on auto renewal now, i understand that whateva u've written is concerned when the year ends. But i really didnt get ur point, can ya elloborate?
i dont see any option to move a user manually to "Paypal IPN" group.

Bump
You would do that by editing the users profile. Mybb already has that function built in to assign groups.
If i edit a userprofile and change the primary group of the user i just get following options:

Registered
Awaiting Activation
Super Moderators
banned
administrators

Nothing about IPN.
But if i click on "MY IPN" on the left i dont see any option to add the users manually there either.
You have to create the group you want as the subscriber group along with whatever persmissions you want that group to have. Then insert that group id into the IPN setting asking for the subscriber group.

This plugin can't guess what group or priviliges you want subscribers to have.
aah thats the way it should be used. GREAT.

i thought IPN itself is a group and every user that subscribes would be moved to that group.

Thanks