MyBB Central

Full Version: my site would be banned URGENT HELP.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got an email today from my web hosting service provider,

Hello,
Your website http://techmafias.com is violating our TOS, we do not
allow hacking or cracking sites, please remove all content related to
hacking/cracking from your website asap.

--
Thanks
for eWebGuru.com

I think i will have to move the servers, can ya show me the best way to do it without loosing any post, and what servers will allow such kinda siteS?

Thanks.
MattRogowski Wrote:If your URL will change, update the board URL and cookie settings in the ACP. Then make a full database backup and download your files. Make a new database on the new host, import the backup to it, then upload your files and edit ./inc/config.php to point to the new database.
Hide all hacking forums to guests and create a usage license.
(May 25, 2009, 12:23 PM)Combo Wrote: [ -> ]Hide all hacking forums to guests and create a usage license.

Can ya help me wist the license?
(May 25, 2009, 12:23 PM)Combo Wrote: [ -> ]Hide all hacking forums to guests and create a usage license.

That won't matter at all. If an ISP/Host has an AUP or TOS that restricts the content you must abide by it. They don't take the time to make them if they weren't important. One complaint is all it takes and your site is gone. Not worth it..you find a host that allows the content you will provide. It's that simple.
(May 25, 2009, 11:02 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]

That won't matter at all. If an ISP/Host has an AUP or TOS that restricts the content you must abide by it. They don't take the time to make them if they weren't important. One complaint is all it takes and your site is gone. Not worth it..you find a host that allows the content you will provide. It's that simple.

i asked ya the same thing, since u have HF can ya recommand me any site?
omni has a dedicated server. he IS his own host lol
by omni i mean labrocca :3
I dont know of any host that will allow you to host hacking pirated or cracking site's. Most hosts are very strict about this because they know they are responsible for the content on their servers and can get into a lot of trouble for allowing it. So this is why its probably one of the top things in all of their " you cant do " lists. People do get away with it for a while but not forever, which is why a lot of sites change servers often, unless you can afford your own dedicated, then you just have to accept that you will have to change hosts a fair bit. Its all part of the game really.
Before I rent a dedicated or host HF anywhere I read the AUP and TOS carefully. If I think my site is allowed I then contact them for confirmation explaining the site and it's content.

Realize as the owner of HF I don't post warez, advise people to do illegal things, or allow files on my server. Unlike many hacker sites where the owner is doing black hat stuff I do not. HF is run totally within legal boundaries and some hosts understand the difference.

You claim that TechMafias is an "ethical" hacking site but I don't see how that's true. Do you know what ethics are?
(May 27, 2009, 12:33 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Before I rent a dedicated or host HF anywhere I read the AUP and TOS carefully. If I think my site is allowed I then contact them for confirmation explaining the site and it's content.

Realize as the owner of HF I don't post warez, advise people to do illegal things, or allow files on my server. Unlike many hacker sites where the owner is doing black hat stuff I do not. HF is run totally within legal boundaries and some hosts understand the difference.

You claim that TechMafias is an "ethical" hacking site but I don't see how that's true. Do you know what ethics are?

No defacements are done. many sites have been notified with their vulneraiblity and were helped by us to fix them. I understand about warez and will remove then very soon. But as far as hacking is concerned i really dont think TechMafias has done anything unethical.
Hey, is there any way to hide those warez forum TOTALLY from guests?
Pages: 1 2