MyBB Central

Full Version: Admin images not showing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I just installed Mybb my first time trying it out. I ran into a problem I have checked all urls and files everything is chmodded per the install instructions. I even dumped the DB and reinstalled and still the same results. Check image to see what I am talking about. "No images" Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Currently running 1.4 just fyi

Thanks,
~Evolution
That looks like a language problem.

Check your inc/languages/english/admin folder.
You're missing your admin language files.
Hmm yeah your correct on that. I even looked in that folder to chmodd the files and didn't see any.. The odd thing is and I ask this just because I have never had this problem before.. But when you upload everything with lets say filezilla it is not going to upload those admin files unless you chmodd that folder to 777 first. I found that out because it was giving me critical error on the upload so I chmodded the folder and tried it again and it went through. But cool it all works now thanks for the help.
Yeah, it seems that everybody who has this issue uses FileZilla, but I use it and haven't had an issue once so I don't really know what happens Tongue
haha! yeah I love filezilla I used to use a different one that would not overwrite any files. But my 1st step to installing a forum is to always upload the files and then setup the db while that is uploading so that got me. Like I tell my friends.. Murphy's Law loves me. I am using this for my Team Fortress 2 server website so I hope it works out. Thanks for the help everyone.
(Jun 29, 2009, 06:09 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it seems that everybody who has this issue uses FileZilla, but I use it and haven't had an issue once so I don't really know what happens Tongue

I use FileZilla and I haven't had this problem either.
I use CuteFTP. It's a commercial software but it's amazing and dealing in FTP is vital to have speed and reliability. I can upload Mybb package in about 1 minute. Cuteftp allows live file editing too. Overall it's a great software at a reasonable price.

http://www.globalscape.com/products/ftp_clients.aspx

I use the Pro version.
Downloading the trial Smile
I use

http://winscp.net/eng/index.php

And best it's free. I don't know about live editing. But I like its resume feature. When I loose connection to my server it ask for my password again and picks up where I left off. No half finished transfers or guessing what went and what's left. It just finishes the job.