MyBB Central

Full Version: why does google view my site like this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
gFx Battles
English (American). Contact Us | GFX BATTLES | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication ...
gfxbattles.net/ - Cached - Similar

Its looking at my footer even when i have my meta tags up Wtf :O_O
It will take some time to update.
(Jul 30, 2009, 04:24 AM)sadiqsaad Wrote: [ -> ]It will take some time to update.

7 days?
If the page hasn't been crawled in 7 days then it wouldn't change, no.

But, as someone said in your thread on MyBB, Google doesn't always show the description, it can show other things.
(Jul 30, 2009, 01:31 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]If the page hasn't been crawled in 7 days then it wouldn't change, no.

But, as someone said in your thread on MyBB, Google doesn't always show the description, it can show other things.

So no fix for this? wow.
Well it's nothing you can fix, and it's nothing to do with MyBB, it's how Google interprets the content of the page, complain to Google. It happens to me on my custom built site so it's probably just how it works.
(Jul 30, 2009, 04:03 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Well it's nothing you can fix, and it's nothing to do with MyBB, it's how Google interprets the content of the page, complain to Google. It happens to me on my custom built site so it's probably just how it works.

where can i send a complaint?
It's validation and the xhtml is displaying incorrectly.

Use the W3C Validator and fix it.
Did it , found many errors , but its hard for a normal person to fix it.
It gets easier as you do it more and more...it will also sharpen your xhtml skills. It's well worth it to be validated imho. You can use Google Webmaster tools to view how google sees your page. Sign up and use it.
Pages: 1 2