MyBB Central

Full Version: User-Based Advertisement Systems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am looking for a way to reward my members, and I thought of a weighted advertisement system.

Basically, each member would get a place in their profile where they can put a link and a banner URL (specified size, like 468x60) and it would appear wherever you have a code like {ad} in a template.

Now, it would be a weighted system, where the higher your post count is, the more likely your ad appears. So the more you post, the more advertising you get.

There should also be a way that maybe in the HTML comments, it says who's the code is, so that if it is inappropriate, I will know whose it is.
You could probably to this with custom profile fields and then just let them display on postbit (tutorials how to do that on mybboard.net) - if you'd like to have it weighted you can also use php in templates.

Can of course be done as a plugin too...
Not an idea I care to pursue. Good luck.
(Aug 06, 2009, 07:04 AM)LS 134 Wrote: [ -> ]You could probably to this with custom profile fields and then just let them display on postbit (tutorials how to do that on mybboard.net) - if you'd like to have it weighted you can also use php in templates.

Can of course be done as a plugin too...

I will look into this, but I prefer not to use PHP in my templates.