MyBB Central

Full Version: how to stop banner from repeating itself....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Posted this on mybb themez, but it's not as active as it was when I used to use mybb 1.2 a lot.

when you get into the high screen resolutions, the banner and images above the forums repeat itself to make up the space...anyway to fix this?

you can see for yourself by visiting:
http://www.pazrt.com/forum/index.php

and changing your screen resolution to something higher than 1024X768. I use 1280X720 and it does it for me.
Create a background image that can repeat. If you have the logo as the background image that's the wrong way to do it if you want dynamic width.

Take a look at HF as an example.
(Aug 09, 2009, 04:47 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Create a background image that can repeat. If you have the logo as the background image that's the wrong way to do it if you want dynamic width.

thanks.

I'll have the graphics guy look into it.
(Aug 09, 2009, 04:47 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Create a background image that can repeat. If you have the logo as the background image that's the wrong way to do it if you want dynamic width.

Labrocca,

anyway to make mybb themes a fixed width? I have to themes installed..the default and the redforce theme...I wanna make the forums a fixed width so we don't run into anymore logo problems.
In global.css, find the #container class, and for the width, do something like this:

Code:
width: 800px;
Fix the logo problem. Don't fix width the forum. It's easy enough to fix the header. Get your graphisc guy to seperate the background from the logo. Place the logo in the admincp theme setting and alter the header to allow the background image. It's not that difficult. You can go the fixed width route but imho...dynamic width is better.