MyBB Central

Full Version: Announcements on the Mybb board?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK I just wasted an hour searching the Mybb board to no avail.

I know there is a plugin for this but I just can't find it!

Where is the plugin download located for the three colored news/announcement bars at the top of the index page on that site?
There are plugins for it, but it's done with CSS there, which is the best way of doing it: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-40446.html
Well I was hoping for a plugin that would allow me as many as I need. Since I have many themes loaded for this board, it would be a major PITA to do all that and if I need to add/subtract or edit I'd be doing this for over 10 themes thus taking up all my time.

I found some plugins and each one seems to be a little different.

Know what else I can't seem to find - a tutorial on making extra templates. I'm at quite a loss how to do that. I'd like to make a global template that opens under the toplinks menu at the top of the board. I got a feeling it's way beyond my scope of knowledge though.
Not a plugin. Easy as a template change. I think they give exact instructions in the wiki.

Quote:Since I have many themes loaded for this board, it would be a major PITA to do all that and if I need to add/subtract or edit I'd be doing this for over 10 themes thus taking up all my time.

You can do a search and replace.
(Aug 13, 2009, 05:40 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]You can do a search and replace.

You said that, and I went --> [Image: crazy.gif]

I feel so ignorant!

OK what is search and replace (i kinda got that one figured) and how do I do that in the admin panel? Is it a feature in the admin panel?
OH God! Never mind...... I should have opened the admin panel BEFORE I posted.

Now I feel like a dope.

Thanks Jesse..... I never even noticed that tab before.

Make that: I feel like an oblivious dope.
Hello! Very interesting topic, thank you raised it
myloweslife
Thank you for sharing this kind of post here. Really useful posts. I could collect more information from your post. Thank you
For 1.8
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=121

There ya' go. Or, you can just make some simple template edits.