MyBB Central

Full Version: when joining a box to agree there 18+
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there a mod or away to make it where someone joins they have to agree they are 18+ ?

If anyone knows please let me know in detail or link to the mod

thanks!
You can use COPPA; change the age from 13 to 18 in member.php, and change the language files to remove reference to COPPA (because it wouldn't be COPPA anymore) and change it to say you need to be 18.
ok so your saying to find member.php ( is this in the root ) ?
also change the coppa ( where is this file so i can change it to my liking ?

basically where would I go to find both these files?

Cause what I would really prefer is to have where after clicking on yes I agree to the TOS of forum they get a pop up before signing in to have them mark there birthdate like labroca has on this forum when registering I think ?

Eathier way wouldnt care as long as they know to be 18+

thanks
You'd need to edit member.php, do a search for 13, it's only in there twice, and change that to 18; now, when the date of birth is entered, it'll be compared to 18 years instead of 13. Then you'll need to edit member.lang.php to remove reference to COPPA and type what you want it to say instead. I think with COPPA you enter your DoB first and then agree to the terms.
(Aug 20, 2009, 04:51 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]You'd need to edit member.php, do a search for 13, it's only in there twice, and change that to 18; now, when the date of birth is entered, it'll be compared to 18 years instead of 13. Then you'll need to edit member.lang.php to remove reference to COPPA and type what you want it to say instead. I think with COPPA you enter your DoB first and then agree to the terms.

thanks for your help!
its working now, exaclty as I wanted Tongue