MyBB Central

Full Version: need help with ftp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys, i need a little help setting up ftp (fillazilla) with mybb. i need to find my host name, can someone lead me in the direction of a tutorial please, many thanks
God damn it! Post it in the right section noob.
(Oct 14, 2009, 06:11 AM)evilalex Wrote: [ -> ]God damn it! Post it in the right section noob.

Chill out he probably didnt know where to post it.

(Oct 14, 2009, 04:28 AM)cleaver09 Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys, i need a little help setting up ftp (fillazilla) with mybb. i need to find my host name, can someone lead me in the direction of a tutorial please, many thanks

Usually you just set the hostname to 'localhost' Wink
(Oct 14, 2009, 04:28 AM)cleaver09 Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys, i need a little help setting up ftp (fillazilla) with mybb. i need to find my host name, can someone lead me in the direction of a tutorial please, many thanks

What's ur host? usually its the name of the forum u're trying to make. Plus minus the www. (meaning= if i decide to name my future form something like this http://www.testforum.com probably your host name would be testforum.com,

For the username its up to you, because only you knew what ur username in the first place.
(Oct 14, 2009, 07:21 AM)Josh[y] Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 14, 2009, 06:11 AM)evilalex Wrote: [ -> ]God damn it! Post it in the right section noob.

Chill out he probably didnt know where to post it.

Usually you just set the hostname to 'localhost' Wink

He's talking about FileZilla. Host should come with it when you buy it