MyBB Central

Full Version: Wall of Shame
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think this would be a pretty cool and simple plugin

What it does is make a separate page on your site, that displays a list of all your sites banned members, and beside it there full IP address, viewable to anyone

A common feature used with online games and private servers, would also be a rather interesting feature to add onto forums, eh labrocca? ;p
Quote:beside it there full IP address, viewable to anyone

Publishing IP addreses is potential for a lawsuit. I have a bans.php file to list banned members with Ban Profile plugin.
(Oct 20, 2009, 08:14 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:beside it there full IP address, viewable to anyone

Publishing IP addreses is potential for a lawsuit. I have a bans.php file to list banned members with Ban Profile plugin.

I suppose, but i know a few online games such as KO that have a wall of shame, they post a list of hackers there

What if you just displayed there IP beside there name, but didn't state it was there IP, it could just be a random number for all they know? Probably not, but if you make them agree to such a thing in the ToS you would be protected from law suits would you not?
at least a wall of shame with usernames and emails could be useful

+1
(Oct 20, 2009, 09:34 PM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]at least a wall of shame with usernames and emails could be useful

+1

He already has a bans.php plugin. Shows all banned members, who banned who, when they were banned, and when they get unbanned, and why they were banned.

You can find the plugin merged with this one.

http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-1656.html
Posting personal info like that is against the law. You are asking for a lawsuit and possibly jail time. Just use the plugin he already has for bans.php.
(Oct 21, 2009, 05:35 AM)GizSho Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 20, 2009, 09:34 PM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]at least a wall of shame with usernames and emails could be useful

+1

He already has a bans.php plugin. Shows all banned members, who banned who, when they were banned, and when they get unbanned, and why they were banned.

You can find the plugin merged with this one.

http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-1656.html
Wow thanks for this
i didn't know!