MyBB Central

Full Version: Minimum Posts To Make Thread [Spam Proof]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You know those people/bots that come onto your forum, make a thread, then leave the forum forever? We can stop this easily with my plugin idea. Make it so you must have x amount of posts to make a thread. So there would be 3 settings. 1 for the # of posts required to make a thread. 1 for the section/topic ids to exclude and 1 for the user group ids so like people would probably have it set to like 5 posts req, then for the 2nd option they would probably choose the intro section being the only section able to post in and the 3rd setting being 2 which is the id of registered users so only registered users have to do this. (which means VIPs excluded because guests and awaiting activation can't post on my forum anyways xD )
Your idea won't stop anything. Spammers will post in an existing thread instead of creating a new one. From my understanding that's what they are doing anyways.
(Nov 17, 2009, 08:30 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Your idea won't stop anything. Spammers will post in an existing thread instead of creating a new one. From my understanding that's what they are doing anyways.

True. I get spammers all the time because my best sections require 1 or 2 posts so I get about 20 new registered users a day that do that, but instead they make a new thread and spam. I rather spamming a reply than a new thread. New reply = brings up post per thread and new thread brings down post per thread. Sad
install recaptcha plugin. will stop bots.

for bot to pass recaptcha he has to pay the service of deconding. like 2$ for 1000 forums. is not worthy. so recaptcha will work.
It's not bots. It is literally annoying kids coming and begging and spamming to reach to post count to download and access my programs. So recaptcha will not work.