MyBB Central

Full Version: Fresh install?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This may be a very silly question.

I want to install a fresh version of mybb and then restore all the posts onto the new fresh install.

I want to do this because I have double settings in my ACP and now with plug ins and add-ons its quite annoying seeing 100s of settings when there should be 50.

Thanks!
All you really have to do is just on your current myBB is deleate all Plug-in languages and add-ons. You can find all the orig languages in the languages folder from a fresh download. Than just deactivate all your plugin and than remove them from the plugin folder.

If you locate the cache folder and where all posts and members folder is saved...you can replace the new install with that folder.

I suggest to just remove languages and plugins first.

I hope this is some help to you. Pm me if you need any more assistance.
The main problem I am having is having double ACP settings ><

I only want one of each yet I get two for some reason, if i can somehow delete the duplicated settings it will be fine.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
can yu show a screen shot please. This will allow me to better understand what u are meaning.
Here is a screen shot.

As you can see up the top of the settings are all the normal settings and then after them they repeat again yet most of them have no settings inside them just the headings.

It is very annoying is there anyway to remove the duplicated settings?

Many Thanks!,
Log into your adminCP and click the configuration tab. This will open the settings page.
Next, click the "Modify Settings" tab from the top sub menu.
From there, you can delete the double settings groups.
wow, sorry dude i forgot i was to help you lolz. Im really sorry.....what xTreame said is correct.
I've tried that and it deletes the settings with the setting header but not the actual main setting title as it sees it as default.
(Dec 16, 2009, 07:26 PM)Kyon Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried that and it deletes the settings with the setting header but not the actual main setting title as it sees it as default.

Sorry, but I'm not quite understanding you.
Are you deleting each individual setting? Or the setting groups? You need to delete the groups.
Screenshot of exactly what you are doing?
It will only allow me to delete and individual setting.

There is no option to delete the group ><
Pages: 1 2