MyBB Central

Full Version: Quick Register
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I got an idea for a plugin and it would be called quick register and the idea behind it is either a "popup" would show every 15-20 minutes for unregistered users (see image below) or just a little box to the left of the index page with the same idea, but always there. Not sure if it was already created. I didn't see anything like this before, so I thought it was a good idea.
So what does the community think?

[Image: quickregisterjava.jpg]

[was made with paint]
maybe a good idea if it were a ajax system. Although anyone who stays on this site for 15-20min as a guest is wither insane, trying to get stuff for free, or has already registered. Good idea tho.....might think about making something.
(Dec 15, 2009, 11:35 PM)Onyx Wrote: [ -> ]maybe a good idea if it were a ajax system. Although anyone who stays on this site for 15-20min as a guest is wither insane, trying to get stuff for free, or has already registered. Good idea tho.....might think about making something.

you could also add a feature to the plugin allowing you to set a time instead of 15minutes.
What about email? What about spam protection like Captcha?

These "quick register" gimmicks aren't any quicker than just clicking to the registration page.
i agree....they can look nice, but they not so quick if you think about it.
This will just make you way more vulnerable to spammers.