MyBB Central

Full Version: ERROR EDITING TEMPLATES!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i don't know why does this happens
but i need to edit some info at "member_profile"
what i need to edit(and add more info is) at "informacion adicional" text
so i make a search with that text and i found it at member_profile when i try to edit i make a search inside the template and i can't find "informacion adicional text"

but.. if i make a replace it will works!
but that would mess all my forums

Why could this happen and how can i fix it?
ummmm...i dont understand what you mean. Can you use better grammar or English please, or try to explain the issue in more detail.
-_- i must find a code inside a Member_profile template....(i know there it is inside)
if i edit the template, the code is not there
but if i search it, it appears at member_profile template
it's like if it was hiding me information
Try going to the Admin CP > Configuration > Custom Profile Fields. I think that's what you want.
(Dec 19, 2009, 05:30 PM)Rob Wrote: [ -> ]Try going to the Admin CP > Configuration > Custom Profile Fields. I think that's what you want.

no, no >_< i want to edit some piece of code in member_profile, the fact is that the code it's only avaiable when i search it not when i try to edit it manually
(Dec 19, 2009, 05:31 PM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 19, 2009, 05:30 PM)Rob Wrote: [ -> ]Try going to the Admin CP > Configuration > Custom Profile Fields. I think that's what you want.

no, no >_< i want to edit some piece of code in member_profile, the fact is that the code it's only avaiable when i search it not when i try to edit it manually

I don't get it. If you can find it by searching for it, you should be able to edit the code that you just found by searching for it.
I can't get something... what do you mean with "it's not avaible when i try to edit it manually"? Maybe isn't it appear? Or you can see the code but you can't modify it?
If it's the second, you just have to give CHMOD to some files.
EDIT: O.o I forgot you can speak in my language xD Well, next time i'll speak it Wink
When he searches for it with the search tool built in mybb it says the code he wants is in there, but when he opens it up to edit the code isnt there,
got it?
i think it's due to CHMOD
i will contact my host

Thanks guys
But if the problem is CHMOD, you just need to give it to them (i mean to files, sure). It isn't encesary you contact your host Wink