MyBB Central

Full Version: my members try to loggin but just sends back to index?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
this happens with 50% of members, I have experienced it on firefox & IE but then tried Safari & Opera and it works fine. So what must I change? It says you have logged in but you really aren't, it just sends you to the homepage as a guest... please help thank-you.
If it's the URL in your sig it'll probably be because your forum is in an iframe, it's a really bad idea, all it's going to is cause problems. Your actual domain is macdonjo.byethost3.com and the cookies are setup for that, so when someone goes to level-hack.tk the URL is different so it doesn't work. Different browsers deal with iframes in different ways but you should really try and find a way of not using one.
So I must refer them to macdonjo.byethost3.com? Thank-you Big Grin I will be buying domain & stuff later. Thanks so much.
(Dec 23, 2009, 04:35 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]If it's the URL in your sig it'll probably be because your forum is in an iframe, it's a really bad idea, all it's going to is cause problems. Your actual domain is macdonjo.byethost3.com and the cookies are setup for that, so when someone goes to level-hack.tk the URL is different so it doesn't work. Different browsers deal with iframes in different ways but you should really try and find a way of not using one.

Ok, so this has fixed about 50% of the problem, there are still people with this problem. I have been refering them to macdonjo.byethost3.com but they still say it is not letting them login. Please tell me a bit about what my cookie settings should be. Thanks.
Change the cookie domain to macdonjo.byethost3.com (loose the . at the start) and ask them to clear their cookies.
What about cookie path & cookie prefix.
Cookie path is from you want that the cookies start to work.
For example, my forum is installed in /foros/, so, I just want that the cookies work from /foros/ and not before (not from the root /).
But if you have the forums installed in the root, just leave it that field with /

Cookie prefix is so useful if you're running several of forums (or script that require the use of cookies) and so you will not get confuse them.
Path is fine, you don't need a prefix.
Well what is still wrong then? :S
Must be something on their end, if you're sure they're using macdonjo.byethost3.com then the settings are fine.
Pages: 1 2