MyBB Central

Full Version: Aquaria Talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just started up Aquaria Talk and wanted to see what everyone thought.
In my opinion i think you just came here to advertise your forum.
It could use a custom theme.
The forum has not so much good content. You also as labrocca said, a custom theme.
(Jan 03, 2010, 06:58 PM)MindFreak Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion i think you just came here to advertise your forum.

I also paid for an upgraded membership on this site. What a great way to welcome somebody.
He is just another member. Don't mind him.
(Jan 03, 2010, 10:11 PM)rsw686 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 03, 2010, 06:58 PM)MindFreak Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion i think you just came here to advertise your forum.

I also paid for an upgraded membership on this site. What a great way to welcome somebody.

Sorry. I thought you just came here to post your site since it was the first post. My mistake. I hope you can forgive me.
No big deal. I just thought it was an interesting response considering my forum is running MyBB and this is a MyBB site review section.

Yeah I need to work on the theme some more. I had customized it some, but yeah it does resemble the default. I did more on the coding side and rewrote the latest threads on the portal and removed the navigation bar from there to streamline it.

I just got to installing the meta tags and contact form plugins from here. Nice work. I did modify the meta tags to be like how vBulletin displays them, but your plugin gave me a great start.
I think you should definitely build on content. It's tough at first (I know because I'm in the process of doing so!) but try to start as many topics that could bud into conversations as possible. Newcomers often will post more on threads already started then posting their own, unless they have specific questions, IMO.

If I were you I would also look into getting a new theme, maybe something a little more colorful, as fish and fishtanks are certainly colorful! You may also want to condense the forums until you get more members so it looks more active.

Good luck
Good Forum, but you can add some more attractive plugins like shout boxes etc...it greatly increases site activity!!