MyBB Central

Full Version: Vulnerability checker+emailer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay I've thought of a free non-subscriber plugin. for MyBB 1.4.11 or compatiable with all versions it goes like this

There is a plugin and you click Check Vulnerability passwords. It checks the databse for simple passwords then you click Continue it has this premade emailer that already has a subject and all that made that lokos like this

Code:
Dear {username},

A vulnerability has been found with your password at vBulletin Demo.  Some passwords are vulnerable to exploitation which may allow a third party to hijack your account.

This may lead to your account being used without your knowledge or permission, and actions being performed under your name.

Vulnerable accounts can also be bad for the board as a whole as they may enable access for automated tools to spam both the forums and other user accounts,
using your username.

As such we have had to reset your password.
You can find your new login details below.

Username: {username}
Password: {password}

If you want to change your password, login with the above details at the following location:
http://demo.vbulletin.com/profile.php?do=editpassword

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
vBulletin Demo

That's a vbulletain one.

That's a pretty sweet idea. If it happens to be a subscription plugin. I would like to get a copy of it as the idea came from me.
(Jan 17, 2010, 04:52 AM)iR00T Wrote: [ -> ]That's a pretty sweet idea. If it happens to be a subscription plugin. I would like to get a copy of it as the idea came from me.

lol not exactly. There's a vBulletin plugin that does this, it's not your idea. Even if it was, the author of the plugin wouldn't need to give you anything for free just because it was your idea. It's not registered thus it's not yours. It's here, on labrocca's forums. He owns the text you wrote. He has the right to re-distribute it. He has the right to use the idea you wrote and re-produce it in a plugin.
-.- Then I'd guess I'd better become a subscriber even though. I got the plugins here from rapidshare.