MyBB Central

Full Version: [Solved]Smilies not showing when posting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I got sick of the MyBB default smilies, and uploaded my own. Problem is, they aren't showing properly when posting. Example;
[Image: xas3ug.png]
Why is that? They are all .gif's, and most are animated. All I did was upload them to /forum/images/smilies. I have set the right directory.
The smilies appear when posted, the problem is only when posting. Anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT: Also, I tried to use spoiler tags, but they messed up my post lol. (On this site, not mine Tongue )
Check your admincp for the smilies section.
(Jan 18, 2010, 07:44 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Check your admincp for the smilies section.

I did. That's where I added them etc. The images aren't showing there either :S

I am sure I got everything right. I uploaded them to /images/smilies, and added them in the AdminCP.

EDIT: Solved, fixed a misplaced "/".
(Jan 19, 2010, 04:07 AM)Riverthief Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 18, 2010, 07:44 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Check your admincp for the smilies section.

I did. That's where I added them etc. The images aren't showing there either :S

I am sure I got everything right. I uploaded them to /images/smilies, and added them in the AdminCP.

EDIT: Solved, fixed a misplaced "/".

I am having the exact same issue with a new install of myBB I am running. Please tell me how exactly you solved this. I don't know where to look to find a misplaced "/".

Thanks and sorry to dredge up old issues.
What is your smiley path right now Tower015?
(Sep 02, 2010, 11:50 AM)Clone Wrote: [ -> ]What is your smiley path right now Tower015?

/images/smilies

I am adding new ones, and they will add initially and show in ACP, but after that they dissappear. The text commands will call the correct images on the site, but the inserter and ACP don't show them.
The "solution" for this was just as easy as Riverthief said...a misplaced "/".

The Smilie directory line is supposed to be

"images/smilies"

NOT

"/images/smilies"
Great smile! Why are you worried?