MyBB Central

Full Version: Mybb Emailing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, i have an issue, the webserver that im on, is really good, it has unlimited everything, BUT, it doesn't have a email server, when members sign up, it doesn't send them an activation email, when i ran an php email test on the server it came up with an error, MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function.

Im with godaddy for my domain, and there is a email address i got from them [email protected] Is there any way of getting the mybb to send an email any other way?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
You could try smtp mail. There's settings for it in the acp mail settings.
Get a better host for starters but really you're not getting what you paid for. Contact Godaddy. This is their problem.
GoDaddy shit sucks balls. I use my own offshore dedi's (3 of them)
its really your host, not the domain. However if ur using godaddy for a domain adn host than switch hosts. I had this issue with my last host, i switched...and everything works.

Go with hosting 24 for justhost(what i use)
Would you please help me to solve this problem. I have the same problem.
"MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function."

The test from http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Help:Mail works fine but no emails can be sent from forum (Notification, Password reset, ...).
I have updated to 1.6.4 but there is no difference.

I have installed my forum on a subdomain on my site. for example forum.domain.com. Can I send email with the name for ex [email protected] instead of [email protected]?

SMTP doesn't work either.

My forum is located on IX Webhosting servers.