MyBB Central

Full Version: PM only for specific group ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PM only for specific group ??
Theres a plugin for this but i'm to tired to find it :p
Private Messaging
Can use private messaging?
Can send private messages?
Can track sent private messages?
Can deny message receipt notifications?

That's part of group controls in admincp.

If you want to send a PM only to a group that's in admincp too for Mass Mail.
No
I want me as an administrator can send and receive messages from everyone.
Ordinary registered so I can send messages to the administrator and only receive them from him, etc. etc.
Im making this for mybb actually and going to send that code to Ryan Gordon. I looked at the code for phpbb and found it, it should not be very hard to implement this at all. So I will actually keep you guys posted with this.

He might make it a last add-on to mybb 1.6, if not it will certainly be in mybb 2.0
Quote:Im making this for mybb actually and going to send that code to Ryan Gordon.

Don't bother doing that. He won't use it or care. You'll probably even tick him off. Only code they'll include is from official developers.

Quote:I looked at the code for phpbb and found it

That's even more disturbing.

Quote:He might make it a last add-on to mybb 1.6, if not it will certainly be in mybb 2.0

You're pipe dreaming.

Quote:I want me as an administrator can send and receive messages from everyone.

You can do that now from admincp with mass mail. I told you this. And if you want people to contact you then use Contact Form.
Labrocca's right.
Why bog down your forum with even more plugins when you can use the stock MyBB features to accomplish what you want?
It doesn't make any sense.