MyBB Central

Full Version: Unknown location after server switch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay. I swithed servers yeasterday on mny forum. This one is more realiable and better then godaddy's. So, I see on my online.php phe it says blah users it doing this

myforum.com/forums/newthread.php?ID=2 or something like that

Why since the switch has that occured. Before it would say. Making new thread. Or something like that

Did I forget to copy a file. If so what.
No. That's irrelevant. I've posted the fix. It went back to unknown location when I switched servers. I could of did a old backup but I dought that as I do a backup every 45 minutes of everything.
That is the only known this in MyBB to cause everything to be an Unknown Location. Where exactly did you post a solution?? It happened when you changed servers because it's caused by something on the server, so your new server had this issue.
Any differences in how your 404 pages are delivered? What about htaccess? Probably some redirects to push bad urls to a proper page would fix your issue.

Personally I never understood why people care if it says unknown location if indeed the location doesn't exist.
(Feb 26, 2010, 12:34 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Any differences in how your 404 pages are delivered? What about htaccess? Probably some redirects to push bad urls to a proper page would fix your issue.

Personally I never understood why people care if it says unknown location if indeed the location doesn't exist.

I am the same way. I'd prefer for it to say Not found page or something. But yeah the page does exist the ones I'm talking about. IT's fixed now. I fixed it the first time by removing Advanced stats on index plugin. IT shows highest rep etc.