MyBB Central

Full Version: [Must Read] Do You Want To Run Your Own Forum for Free?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently run an MMA forum over at http://www.beatdownonline.com/forums/ which is new and growing. What I'm offering is to appoint a dedicated admin to start his own forum on a top level domain for FREE. You pick the url on beatdownonline.com (I.E. beatdownonline.com/gaming/ or gaming.beatdownonline.com), I install the forum software of your choice, I make you a full administrator, and I leave you to do what you will with YOUR new forum (obviously I'll give you the neccessary FTP access and whatnot.) If in the end you decide you want your forum exported, you're free to move on.

I can't stress enough that I would have KILLED for someone to give me this opportunity when I first got started in administrating. This is a huge step above using free forum systems where you only have a subdomain (like yourname.freeforums.org).

What would motivate me to do this? Well, while you get set up for free, I'll be getting attention to my domain, which is just overall good.

Major Restrictions:
-You must have a small icon w/ a link to beatdownonline.com/forums/ .
-You may not install your own advertising on the domain. However, I will not put my own advertisements on your forum! You will be adfree!
-That's it!

Perks:
You can place your own ads on your forum
You will receive 100% of all donations
Free Hosting
Free Technical Support

For all questions/interests, please PM me here on mybbcentral.com or register at beatdownonline.com/forums/ and PM me there!
I doubt anybody will want to go for this. They can get free .co.cc domains. Which will be better than having you're URL.
(Mar 23, 2010, 10:06 PM)MindFreak Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt anybody will want to go for this. They can get free .co.cc domains. Which will be better than having you're URL.

That is, of course, their choice. I'm simply putting an offer out there. However, I'm not just offering the domain, I'm offering the hosting too.

BeatdownOnline.com is of course not for any niche, not even for most, but theres a small category of niches out there that it's good for. Again, I'm just testing some options to get traffic to my domain.
Yes I know about the hosting. But why would they want you're hosting if they have to use their domain. They can simply register on a free host like byethost.com and get what ever .co.cc domain they want. Which in my opinion would be better then what you're offering them. I don't mean to be rude or anything but I'm just saying what I think..
(Mar 24, 2010, 05:10 PM)MindFreak Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I know about the hosting. But why would they want you're hosting if they have to use their domain. They can simply register on a free host like byethost.com and get what ever .co.cc domain they want. Which in my opinion would be better then what you're offering them. I don't mean to be rude or anything but I'm just saying what I think..

You're absolutely right.

I apologize as I believe my thread title doesn't accurately reflect what I'm offering.

What I'm offering is for any user to run his or her own forum how they want it without restrictions under the beatdownonline.com domain whether it be under a subdomain or a directory.

No offense taken, I appreciate your feedback.
I appreciate you're maturity by not flaming me and understanding what I was saying.
(Mar 24, 2010, 07:24 PM)MindFreak Wrote: [ -> ]I appreciate you're maturity by not flaming me and understanding what I was saying.

"you're" to "your"
well i think that's great, i'm sure it'll help people get started off.