MyBB Central

Full Version: How could i collect all members emails?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
i want to collect all my user's emails so i can mass mail them (not using mybb's default mass mailer) so how could i collect them so i can email them?
Hopefully it's possible.
custom export from phpmyadmin
Ok thanks
If anyone doesn't know how then goto phpmyadmin then run SQL
Code:
SELECT email
FROM mybb_users
WHERE email <> ''
ORDER BY regdate ASC
Then export...
Thanks for the tip,it's very useful.
(Apr 04, 2010, 03:58 PM)neowarf Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the tip,it's very useful.

That signature is WAY too big.
sorry for a basic question however how can we set a query for both

SELECT email
FROM mybb_users
WHERE email <> ''
ORDER BY regdate ASC

AND

SELECT username
FROM mybb_users
WHERE email <> ''
ORDER BY regdate ASC

This is so that you get the users username as well as their respective email address.. Thanks for your help.
Isn't much faster to just use MyBB's mass emailer?

If you wanted to use a different email address, you could have just switched yours in the default email.
This is for sending out messages/ newsletters to your community. I have found the mybb options to be pretty pitiful. I love mailchimp and constant contact and have been experimenting with these systems to maybe switch to.

(Apr 14, 2010, 10:54 PM)User001 Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't much faster to just use MyBB's mass emailer?

If you wanted to use a different email address, you could have just switched yours in the default email.
(Apr 14, 2010, 11:09 PM)underdogmike Wrote: [ -> ]This is for sending out messages/ newsletters to your community. I have found the mybb options to be pretty pitiful. I love mailchimp and constant contact and have been experimenting with these systems to maybe switch to.

(Apr 14, 2010, 10:54 PM)User001 Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't much faster to just use MyBB's mass emailer?

Good point. I prefer sending mass PMs for updates and mass EMAILS for site news.
How do we output users and email for that respective user instead of doing it as two separate queries?

I would like to create a csv output of usernames and emails.

Thanks