MyBB Central

Full Version: MyBB Postbit Images Disappearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have no idea what this bug is, or why for that matter. I have reindone my ENTIRE forum, built it back up from scratch, without a SINGLE plugin on it. As I'm signed in, it's fine. I sign out and sign back in, and the postbit images are just gone. At first, while I had my forum fully loaded, it would show the postbit images immediately after you make a post in a thread. as soon as you refreshed they would be gone again. I had someone else sign into my account, and he said he could see them fine. I am unsure if he could see them after he made a post or not, but the fact is, this looks like a problem with mybb or the theme. The theme happens to be from Labrocca (L33t Gr33n). I thought the best place to post this issue would be here (I tried to post it on mybboard but for some reason I can't connect to member.php to signup). The edit button is gone as well as any other buttons included in any plugins. These are the only three buttons that EVER display.

here's a screenshot.

[Image: a2t3r7.jpg]

Also, how do i get rid of that captcha thing at the bottom? I've been looking all over the place to get rid of that and I can't find it.
A friend of mine let me test it out on his site in a different directory. It works fine there, but not on my host. Would my host having outdated php cause this issue? I'm not sure if they have outdated stuff or not, but It's clearly my host that's causing this issue.

As well Labrocca, your Canonical plugin doesn't work at all with this theme, or for that matter at all on the board. I've tried everything I can to get it to work, but it didn't work on my host nor on my friend's.
Quote:Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

I'm going to assume that's your problem. I'm a guest and in postbit I see scrambled images.

As for canonical...that shouldn't be dependent on the host. If MyBB works then so should that plugin. Are you sure you have the settings.php writable (chmod 666).

Sounds like you have a number of problems to fix.
(Apr 10, 2010, 10:03 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

I'm going to assume that's your problem. I'm a guest and in postbit I see scrambled images.

As for canonical...that shouldn't be dependent on the host. If MyBB works then so should that plugin. Are you sure you have the settings.php writable (chmod 666).

Sounds like you have a number of problems to fix.

The guest thing is a plugin. I'll pm u an account and info so you can see it clearly as I see it. I'll check those perms as well (I didn't edit them, so that might actually the issue).
Alright. I checked the chmod and according to this link here: http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/CHMOD_Files chmodded all those files as they stated (none of them were chmodded right). I guess that's what happens when you install it a thousand times. You get complacant and skip steps. You told me I had way too many plugins, so I uninstalled every one of them except about four and all of the ones made from you that I've installed. I had about 51 plugins and now I have 22.

I still can't get canonical to work though, but the images issue is resolved (I have no idea how or what to be honest unless you did something in cpanel or ftp that I didn't see). The canonical plugin just isn't working for me. I checked all the things you said in your thread on it, I even put it to the default theme uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and all it shows me from links is a 404 page.