MyBB Central

Full Version: Changing Hosts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just bought a new domain and hosting and now I am already to upgrade from my old, free host. What do I do exactly?
I have transered all my site files to me new host, made a new MySQL DB, installed my backup in it, changed CHMOD, and I still get this error on my new site:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
0 -
Query:
[READ] Unable to select database

The website is grayhatworld.com, can anyone please help? Thank-you.
Ok, I solved the first error with just adding the user to the database. Now I have a new error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'macdonjo_mac.mybb_sessions' doesn't exist
Query:
DELETE FROM mybb_sessions WHERE ip='205.207.179.3'
Did you change your /inc/config.php file?
Indeed I did. I just need to figure out how to fix this other error.
I did a backup from phpmyadmin and it worked. I can access my site, except! When I go to change the cookies setting in the ACP, it says:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8m DAV/2 mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at grayhatworld.com Port 80

What is this and how do I fix it?
(Apr 16, 2010, 05:44 PM)evilalex Wrote: [ -> ]I did a backup from phpmyadmin and it worked. I can access my site, except! When I go to change the cookies setting in the ACP, it says:

Forbidden

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8m DAV/2 mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at grayhatworld.com Port 80

Might be mod authority again.
Chat to your host. They should be able to whitelist your url and stop this happening.
I had the same problem when i changed host.
(Apr 16, 2010, 05:44 PM)evilalex Wrote: [ -> ]I did a backup from phpmyadmin and it worked. I can access my site, except! When I go to change the cookies setting in the ACP, it says:

Forbidden

Yeah, as said, that's a mod_security issue. Try disabling it via .htaccess as described here: http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Help:Mod_security
I tried .htaccess, that didn't work. I contacted host gator. After a few hours of live support (I fell asleep during it, really I did) and I woke up and the problem was fixed and chat was closed. Wink
(Apr 17, 2010, 06:44 AM)evilalex Wrote: [ -> ]I tried .htaccess, that didn't work. I contacted host gator. After a few hours of live support (I fell asleep during it, really I did) and I woke up and the problem was fixed and chat was closed. Wink

Wow i am with hostgator as well and to fix this for me it took about 5 min.
I guess it comes down to which person you speak to.
As another time i got a complete idiot on the other end.