MyBB Central

Full Version: No multiple quotes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was looking around a bit and I couldn't figure this out.

Basically, what I'm looking for is a way that I can have only one quote show up for a reply.

Let's say someone quotes a post and then that post gets quoted. It shows both quotes. I want it to only use the most recent post.

I know Labrocca has this feature on HF. I am not sure if it's a private plugin or even just a setting on the AdminCP.

If you have any help, please do share it.
Thats a setting in Admin CP look in
Home » Board Settings
Show Thread Options
Show Multi-quote Buttons
The multi-quote button allows users to select a series of posts then click Reply and have those posts quoted in their message.
On | Off
Actually, that is whether or not people are allowed to quote more than one user at a time.

I'm referring to quoting a member and then another member quoting that post and it shows both quotes.

An example of how I want it to be is how Labrocca has HF set up.

If you quote a quote, only the most recent quote shows up.
Can I get some help please? I searched long and hard for this answer.
Oh you can't get rid of it, it is inside MyBB already.
Do you mean this?
(Apr 18, 2010, 06:00 PM)User001 Wrote: [ -> ]Can I get some help please? I searched long and hard for this answer.
(Apr 19, 2010, 12:05 AM)AXVIS Wrote: [ -> ]Oh you can't get rid of it, it is inside MyBB already.

example
(Apr 19, 2010, 04:27 AM)AXVIS Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean this?
(Apr 18, 2010, 06:00 PM)User001 Wrote: [ -> ]Can I get some help please? I searched long and hard for this answer.
(Apr 19, 2010, 12:05 AM)AXVIS Wrote: [ -> ]Oh you can't get rid of it, it is inside MyBB already.

example

Yes sir. I do mean that.
Well that comes within MyBB you can't add it or remove it.
No ... I'm pretty sure it can be removed. Numerous boards I visit have only the recent quote displayed, and it's very useful.

I'm also curious as to how to enable this "function", as it were.
Well if you think you can be my guest I have no idea how to do it I think its not removable.
Pages: 1 2