MyBB Central

Full Version: A mod that disallows guests to view threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For me a guest may know how many threads and how many posts there are in a (sub) forum. When you change the permission for guest in one of these things it will not work.

1. forum permission for guest view no, subforum permission for guest view no
Now guests cannot see even the name of the forum

2. forum permission for guest view no, subforum permission for guest view yes
Now guests can see the name of the forum but not how many posts and threads there are

3. forum permission for guest view yes, subforum permission for guest view no
Now guests can see the name of the forum but not how many posts and threads there are

I think when a guest see the name of the forum but not how many posts there made in it they think it is empty.
I think it is better that they can see how many posts and threads there are and they get the message by clicking on it they get the message you must be a registered member to view this forum, they get interested to sign in. For example a forum with photos is then interested for guests to become a member.

So request

Settings for guest that they can see how many post and threads there are on the index, but the cannot see what is in the post or thread (you had to be a member to view).
As setting you must add (fid) for wich forum.
I totally support this!
This is something mybb has to address because it can't be corrected without core file edits.
(May 09, 2010, 07:59 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]This is something mybb has to address because it can't be corrected without core file edits.

Can you tell me how to do it? I will do it myself Tongue Or do I need to ask on their forum?