MyBB Central

Full Version: To Labrocca
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Labrocca, What methods do you use to make such a successful forum? I know you link them off each other, but say i was started my first forum, and wanted to make it grow, any tips?

Thanks, Regards.
-SytAxErroR
Yeah, same here please :3
I seriously don't know how he maintains like 5+ forums with all very good member counts.
5!? He has like 20+ lol.
I meant atleast 5, lol.
You know his secret?

Creativity and originality. Every one tries to copy HF which is suicide to your forum. Also create a forum that is what you like doing and something you're good at. A lot of people start these "Hacking Forums" but they only know how to use keyloggers and rats o.O. Which will not get you anywhere. Also create a something unique to your site only. It also helps to make something that's related to something online. Like if you make a forum about sports. It's going to take way longer to get it popular. This because people watch most sports on TV and not the computer. If they do watch sports online then it's like on ESPN or YouTube. It also helps to invest.

Those are the main keys to making a very successful forum. Once you have that one very successful forum/website most of your websites will become very popular because you can just transfer some of those members to the new forums.
(May 15, 2010, 06:42 AM)BrainDeadFreak Wrote: [ -> ]You know his secret?

Creativity and originality. Every one tries to copy HF which is suicide to your forum. Also create a forum that is what you like doing and something you're good at. A lot of people start these "Hacking Forums" but they only know how to use keyloggers and rats o.O. Which will not get you anywhere. Also create a something unique to your site only. It also helps to make something that's related to something online. Like if you make a forum about sports. It's going to take way longer to get it popular. This because people watch most sports on TV and not the computer. If they do watch sports online then it's like on ESPN or YouTube. It also helps to invest.

Those are the main keys to making a very successful forum. Once you have that one very successful forum/website most of your websites will become very popular because you can just transfer some of those members to the new forums.

Good point, but I'm pretty sure Labrocca doesn't know how to use a keylogger or rat and never really was interested in it either. To be honest he's got a lot more experience in this field than most of us do, he's got a lot of time on his hands to do what he needs to, it's his job, he loves it, and he enjoys it. He's also got quite a few good connections, old tricks he's learned here and there. I'm sure there's a lot under that sleeve.
Anyone can have a successful forum if it includes Jesse, Well i say good on him for running a heap of successful forums.
When I write an ebook you can buy it. You'll just have to wait for it.