MyBB Central

Full Version: SEO URLs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do I chnge the URLs of my threads so that they look like HTML?

(e.g. "showthread.php?tid=34" to "thread-34.html")

this seems to happen on mybb central, and I remember seeing how to change it before, but I have forgotten where it was Tongue

Thanks
acp>configuration>server and optimization settings>Enable search engine friendly URLs>enabled
thanks, I've found it ^^ it doesn't seem to work for me though... I may try again after checking that I have uploaded .htaccess
In the setting make sure it's ENABLED not just auto-detect.
I did that but then some pages stopped loading - is there a chance that my server can't handle it?
Rename your htaccess.txt to .htaccess. Then enable the SEO links in Configuration --> Settings --> Server & Optimization Settings.
tried it. whole forum stopped loading when .htaccess was online, displaying this message:

Quote:Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
That's weird, it worked for me.

Reset htaccess then,
You've most likely incorrectly used .htaccess or maybe you're using windows hosting which may not support htaccess.
(Jul 06, 2010, 12:47 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]You've most likely incorrectly used .htaccess or maybe you're using windows hosting which may not support htaccess.

I'm pretty sure that I put it in the right place, so I'll probably give up... hosting is with one.com, in case you were wondering