MyBB Central

Full Version: Post Ranking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was curious to if any of you plugin authors could find a way to create a post ranking feature in MyBB much like the one that is used here.

I like how the option to rank a post doesn't appear until the mouse is over the post and I like how it disappears the moment the mouse falls off the post.

If someone could work their magic and make this happy I would be most impressed and over joyed Smile
It's pretty much like the star system.
(Aug 02, 2010, 03:37 AM)Clone Wrote: [ -> ]It's pretty much like the star system.

Yep, but for individual posts Big Grin I wonder how difficult something like this would be? I wouldn't imagine it to be that difficult if the existing star rank system could be tweaked for posts, but then again I have no idea what you would actually need to do to achieve this lol.
I have managed to work out the CSS for this if anyone wants to help me with the backend. You can visit this link to see (just move your mouse over a post and you will see the images pop up).
Use any thanks system and just alter it to suit your needs. A few adjustments to how it works and thanks can become ratings.
I'm afraid I know nothing of MyBB's plugin system and even less of PHP hah.

EDIT: Going with vworker.com to have this plugin created.
(Aug 11, 2010, 11:51 AM)xomp Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid I know nothing of MyBB's plugin system and even less of PHP hah.

EDIT: Going with vworker.com to have this plugin created.

Digging up a fairly old thread, but I made a post about this a few days ago, I guess I failed to search for any existing posts. Has anything ever come of this post? I really want something like the facepunch forums for Mybb!
Tomm M is doing something just like this for MyNetwork.
(Sep 30, 2010, 10:35 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Tomm M is doing something just like this for MyNetwork.

Yeah I just decided to subscribe in the end, getting support with it now from Tomm