MyBB Central

Full Version: Tabbed Menu ~ Mega Guide / FAQ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Alright I'm gonna list the most common problems here and the solutions.

Labrocca : Please do not remove this thread. It will help many members and I put a lot of work in it.

Question : First tab is working but the other ones are not?!
Solution : You forgot to add </div> at the end in forumbit_depth1_cat, or you did not follow all the troubleshooting steps. [If nothing else helps, follow the steps below]

Question : When I click on a tab, nothing happens, the url only changes to index.php#?
Solution : Go to "headerinclude" ~ It can be found in Ungrouped Templates.

Paste This at the very bottom.
PHP Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/tabcontent.js">
/***********************************************
* Tab Content script v2.2- copyright Dynamic Drive DHTML code library (www.dynamicdrive.com)
* This notice MUST stay intact for legal use
* Visit Dynamic Drive at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for full source code
***********************************************/
</script> 

Question : The tabs are not working for members, but for Staff it works great?
Solution : Hidden forums can not be at the top. (Labrocca's answer made easy)

Question : A category is just floating around on each tab?
Solution : You forgot to put it in a tab. You select more by holding the CTRL button and clicking the category you want to include.

Question : The Tabbed Menu ain't working with another theme?
Solution : 1st. Create a tabbed.css in your new theme, and copy the code from tabbed.css in the other theme.
Then follow Labrocca's troubleshooting guide, and these steps. Now you should be done. Do not forget to add the code to headerinclude.

Question : How do I organize the tabs?
Solution : There currently is no organizing system. Just change name / category's of the tabs if you want to sort them.

Question : Why can't I download the Tabbed Menu plugin?
Solution : You have to be a subscriber.

Question : This does not work on 1.6?
Solution : The Tabbed Menu plugin was mainly created for 1.4. Labrocca is upgrading these plugins as fast as he can. Please be patient.

Question : There are double tabs?
Solution : Go to the index template , not index.php and remove one {$tabmenu}

CSS Customizing

Part is currently being built, be patient.

Note : All themes are not compatible with this plugin, like 1.2 and 1.6

That's all I could think of.
Hope you enjoyed this guide.
nice work.
Great work. The main thing wrong with 1.6 that you can't easily fix is the features of the selected tab don't change when you select a different tab, it always stays on the first one. The other thing is that atm you can only have 1 category per tab. All other categories listed under tha tab act like they're not in a tab, and show up in every tab.
I've followed all your steps, and labbrocas steps.

And i've the same problem first tab is working but the other ones are not.

I've the </div> at the total end of the template and i've follow troubleshooting steps. =/
Very nice as per usual.. well done clone.
<3
Some/most MyBB 1.2 and 1.6 themes aren't compatible. May want to add that.

~A
Correct, added.
My tabbed menu has a little problem. It works fine for members but not for guests. Maybe take a look http://www.myfavouriteforum.com and possibly advise on a solution?
Go look at my forum here; http://www.monieforum.com

I have edited the thead_bg.gif as Omni suggested to a green, however there is still an image being used as the background of the current tab.

What image is that? Can I change it?

Thanks.

Scratch that, I did some editing in the stylesheets and got it working fine.

Cheers.
(Aug 19, 2010, 01:36 PM)Black Kat Wrote: [ -> ]Go look at my forum here; http://www.monieforum.com

I have edited the thead_bg.gif as Omni suggested to a green, however there is still an image being used as the background of the current tab.

What image is that? Can I change it?

Thanks.

Am I supposed to answer that?
Pages: 1 2 3 4