MyBB Central

Full Version: Make theme wider?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I am using greygreenbb theme, and I would like to know, how to make it wider? so who ever looks at it it will almost be the width of there screen? with little boarder?

Thanks
Go to global.css, find #container and change the width from there.
Ya I did that, but when I am on a different computer it is always different.? When I go on hackforums its the same anywhere.

thanks
Hackforums has a fluid width, In #container set the width to 95%.
(Sep 22, 2010, 04:58 PM)Damion Wrote: [ -> ]Hackforums has a fluid width, In #container set the width to 95%.

What you mean by fluid width? I set it to 95% and no change? for me anyhow?
(Sep 22, 2010, 06:12 PM)articman Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 22, 2010, 04:58 PM)Damion Wrote: [ -> ]Hackforums has a fluid width, In #container set the width to 95%.

What you mean by fluid width? I set it to 95% and no change? for me anyhow?

By fluid i mean its not a set width, So it will be different sizes on different screens, The alternative would be fixed in wich case the website is the same width on all screen sizes, To do that you need to set the width in "px".
ok, I will give that a shot, what do you think in PX would be 95%? thanks
Honestly I don't think you want to do PX for this. The idea is that if someone views your site from a 15 inch monitor or a 35 inch monitor the site will always be the same width. you don't want to set it to like 25px, which would be fine for "your" screen and then someone views your site from a 35 inch screen and the site is so small it clutters everything together. Stick with the percentage size, that's best for you. If you want it to be touching the sides then set it to 100%, if you want it to be like MyBB Central's size, set it to maybe 97% or 98%. If you want it set like my site's (http://www.ethical-hackers.org) set it to 95%. This way no matter what monitor you go to the size will be the same and it will be viewable and displayed correctly. You're showing off your site to other users, not just yourself, keep them in mind about how THEY will view your site and you can't go wrong.
Great, thanks a lot for the info, that worked perfect...thanks again